Classes for 2019
Monday 14th October to Wednesday 4th December (Yoga Classes)
Please Note that the Mindfulness Meditation Course will run for 7 weeks from 23rd October.
Classes for 2020
Term 1 Monday 3rd February to Wednesday 25th March
Term 2 Monday 27th April to Wednesday 17th June
Term 3 Monday 20th July to Wednesday 9th September
Term 4 Monday 12th October to Wednesday 2nd December
- Monday 5.45 - 7.00 pm This class will be taught by Orietta Worthington Term 1 2020
- Tuesday 10.00 - 11.15am
- Wednesday 10.00 - 11.15 am This class will be taught by Orietta Worthington Term 1 2020
- Monday 7.00 - 8.30pm This class will be taught by Jen Wood Term 1 2020
- Tuesday 11.30 am - 1.00pm
- Wednesday 5.30 - 7.00 pm
- Wednesday 7 -8.30pm
For all classes please enrol and make payments through this website.
Please be reassured that both Jen Wood and Orietta Worthington are fully trained capable teachers. They are generously taking some of my regular classes this term so that I can run the Mindfulness Meditation Courses.If you'd like to get in touch with Jen you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can get in touch with Orietta at email@example.com or 0425234398.
Mindfulness Meditation Course
As our first course has gone really well in 2019 I'll be offering two courses Term 1 2020.
Monday 6 - 7.30pm and Wednesday 9.30 - 11am at Bulli Community Centre in the upstairs lounge
The course will run for 7 weeks from 3rd February. The cost of $150 or $110 concession, will include the 7 classes, audio recordings of the meditations, home practice and handouts. To make the most of this course it is recommened to attend all 7 classes and to do the weekly home practices. For more detailed information about this course scroll down to the bottom of this section.
Please note that places will be limited and the first course was full in less than 24 hours so if you'd like to join the course book in soon.
Types of Classes Offered
- Level 1 Basic yoga postures, breathing and relaxation. Suitable for beginners or those who require gentle physical activity.
- Level 2 Expands on the practices taught in the Level 1 course & introduces meditation. For those who are comfortable with the practices taught in the Level 1 course.
- Level 3 For those comfortable with the practices in the Level 2 Course and who are interested in doing a longer meditation practice. This class run again Term 1 2020 if there are sufficient numbers. So make sure to let Sue know if you're interested.
- Mindfulness Meditation Course based on the Gawler Foundation Mindfulness Based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) Course. Suitable for everyone from new to experienced meditators. Committment to attend all 7 classes and to do weekly home practice is recommended.
- 8 week Term: One Course $150 (concession $110) Second Course in same term $110
- Please note that the Mindfulness Meditation Course will run for 7 weeks for the same fee but will include recordings, home practices and handouts of Mindfulness Meditations.
Bookings are essential for all classes.
To enrol fill out the enrolment form and then make your deposit or full payment for classes.
Payments can be made by:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Account Name: Yoga for Everybody BSB: 062528 Account Number: 10223071
- BY PAYPAL in the shop on this website - just select the Yoga Fees Icon
- Cheque or money order made out to Yoga for Everybody.
- Cash can also be paid by arrangement with Sue, phone 0242834126 to organise this.
All regular classes are held upstairs at Bulli Community Centre (formerly Bulli Library), 328 Princes Hwy Bulli. This is a unique heritage listed building. The yoga room upstairs looks out onto the escarpment and in winter the warm sun streams in and in summer a cool breeze circulates throughout. The Mindfulness Meditation Courses will be run in the Upstairs lounge on the right at the top of the stairs.
Parking is available behind Bulli Community Centre. Access via Dumbrell Ave, turn left into small lane about 200m from the Princes Hwy.
Coming by public transport buses run along the Princes Hwy and stop just near the Community Centre. Bulli train station is only 10 minutes walk.
For some classes entry will only be through the rear door.
Information & Advice about Yoga Classes
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Arrive at least 5 mins prior to all classes.
- Bring a light covering, towel or rug.
- It is advisable not to eat for at least 2 hours before class.
- Any missed classes can be made up in a class at a similar level, if space permits. Ring Sue (42834126) to arrange this.
- To gain maximum benefit from the course students are advised to try to attend all sessions and practise at home between classes. Discounts are available for attending more than one class per week.
- Private tuition or classes for individuals or small groups are available on request.
- Short courses and one off classes are also held at various venues throughout the Illawarra.
More Detailed Information about the Mindfulness Meditation Courses with Sue
Based on the Gawler Foundation
Mindfulness Based Stillness Meditation Course (MBSM)
The 7 week Course is structured to gently lead you into the heart and essence of meditation. Each week there will be a series of detailed teachings on how to meditate, accompanied by a sequence of meditation practice sessions. Recordings of the weekly Meditation practices will be provided with handouts to participants. This mindfulness course is well suited for both beginners and experienced meditators wishing to deepen their meditation.
Participants can expect to:
• Learn a range of effective tools for dealing with stress and anxiety
• Understand the nature of the thinking mind – its strengths and limitations promoting health and well being
• Understand how ‘excessive thinking’ leads to stress and how stress affects your health and wellbeing
• Learn to relax physically, unwind emotionally and calm a busy mind
• Acquire skills for dealing with anger and frustration, becoming less emotionally reactive and therefore more tolerant
• Develop self-esteem and compassion as you connect with your true, spiritual nature.
• Develop awareness and access your own inner wisdom
Mindfulness has a range of diverse applications including management of depression, anxiety, chronic pain and eating disorders, as well as having direct and beneficial physiological effects relevant to the management of heart disease, cancer and other chronic conditions.
Why Come to the Mindfulness Meditation Course?
• To develop mindfulness practices to help you live a happier and more enriching life
• To learn how to nourish and nurture yourself and take those tools home to use daily
The Course is structured to progressively build on practices and theory from week to week so participation in all classes is highly recommended. For those of you who are familiar with the format of my yoga classes you will find this format quite different as it will be a more interactive process including theory, practices, discussion and feedback of your experiences of the practices. We do the class sitting on seats so you don't have to worry about sitting on the floor.